[Greenbuilding] Central vs window AC

John Straube jfstraube at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 20:01:49 CDT 2012

That is very cool Robert!
We have looked at solar recharged dessicants before but these systems are not "off the shelf" or small enough for single family residences.
That said I think this a great technology that can be developed to be the winner.
Another approach, not as efficient, is dry dessicants on wheels with solar regeneration. There are some smaller units suitable for residences but they are not yet worked out.
Building a custom system makes a bunch of sense for multifamily and light commercial.
Hope you write up what you learn on this project when it gets through the first summer. Lots could benefit from that experience. Like me!