[Greenbuilding] Growing food by electeric light - urban sustainability?

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Sun Jun 10 19:56:47 CDT 2012

False dilemma.

At 09:21 AM 6/10/2012, you wrote:
>http://www.urbansustainable.org is encouraging city dwellers to grow
>food indoors using electricity.
>
>I asked one of the staff if it's more sustainable to grow food
>locally using electricity than buying food at a store, he said yes!
>
>Not convinced? Are you?
>
>~sanjay

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291

author - Sustainable Design: A Critical Guide
adjunct faculty - Parsons The New School for Design