[Greenbuilding] passive haus in Wisconsin

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Thu Mar 1 05:24:11 CST 2012

On 2/29/2012 11:29 PM, Sacie Lambertson wrote:

> Wonder what it actually cost to build this energy-surfeit wonder- house?
>
> In a previous article about the house: /"//I can also tell you that the
> cost of the home is perfectly in line with custom architect-designed
> homes in our area. It is more a matter of priorities than cost, once we
> are designing a high-quality building.”

I don't know about that house, but there is a recent Passivhaus here in
Maine that was built for $130 per square foot, including septic, and all
site improvements (but not including the $6000 PV Solar system needed to
make it a zero energy home).  The house exceeds all Passivhaus
conditions by quite a bit (ACH50 of 0.2 for example).

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap