[Greenbuilding] new solar heating system in this country

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 15:28:52 CDT 2012

Hm.
I'm thinking what we need more than this is a DWH system that
(a) elegantly marries wood (winter) with sunlight (summer), or
(b) offers a solar thermal package that is sized to the majority of
households in the US (the number of 1- and 2-person households is now well
past 60%). A 66 gallon system (the smaller of the two profiled) is
ridiculously sized for those households, unless they have a Jacuzzi, and
that absence of anything smaller is difficult to understand.
(c) something elegant and simple along the lines of what our friend
Speireag used to talk about: DIY loop of black hose on rooftop, etc. Or was
that someone else. I've participated on this list so long I can't remember.