[Greenbuilding] lepage windows

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Wed Mar 14 13:31:29 CDT 2012

current project requires archaic wood divided lite windows, courtesy of the
Historic Perseveration Commish.

(I plead the point to the commishners, when proposing fiberglass framed
windows--and was told that I was "making a sow's ear out of a silk purse"
-- that preservationers should look forward as well as backward, that the
best buildings--buildings which will be valued 100 years later--are of
their times, that we should build what will endure--and so on, before being
told to stuff it...)

that aside, a vendor proposed "traditional series" LePage windows, bragging
about their Canadian construction.

has anyone from the more chilly climes a comment on this product?

AA

*Alan Abrams**
Abrams Design Build LLC*
*A sustainable approach to beautiful space*

6411 Orchard Avenue Suite 102
Takoma Park, MD 20912
office  301-270-NET- ZERO (301-270-6380)
fax      301-270-1466
cell     202-437-8583
alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
www.abramsdesignbuild.com