[Greenbuilding] is it ever sensible to use PV to heat water?

Steven Tjiang steve at tjiang.org
Fri Mar 23 11:56:47 CDT 2012

18 months ago I came to a similar conclusion.  Active solar thermal is just
not worth it in my climate (san francisco bay area) UNLESS you have a pool
or a hot tub.
However, I did find a very simple ICS solar system does make sense.  I went
with Solar PV and heat pump water heater.

I posted my conclusion on this list and was derided by several here on this
list.....

---- Steve (KZ6LSD)