[Greenbuilding] is it ever sensible to use PV to heat water?

Carmine Vasile gfx-ch at msn.com
Fri Mar 23 13:43:14 CDT 2012

Please Define efficiency with respect to this comment: "
Though I think you may mean electric resistance (not PVs) PVs, depending on the type, are more like 10% efficient, not 100%." Source energy is about 3:1 if the source is an oil-fired power plant. If it's the Sun, it's less than 10% because PV's are still very inefficient; despite decades of empty promises.Regarding this comment "Why don't you work on a little energy efficiency?"; my invention is being used  to recycle energy from wastewater in thousands of homes --including mine; Army Barracks, College Dorms, restaurants, etc. . Do I get credit for that?Carminegfxtechnology.com