[Greenbuilding] Air-heated slabs

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Sat May 19 13:02:01 CDT 2012

And while I'm here, and for the same reason (quiet list) I thought I'd
toss the following  out for comment.

In my immediate neighbourhood there two expanded polystyrene (EPS)
insulating concrete form (ICF) homes (one built two years ago, one
currently being built) that chose to use heated air rather than hydronics
to heat the slab-on-grade floor.

They both use closely-spaced runs (24" o/c or less ?) of small diameter (4
inch ? or less ) sheet metal ducts embedded in the concrete.

Me ? I think that it's a dumb idea for a number of reasons but it'd be
interesting to hear from others what they think , pro or con.

--
Rob Tom

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")