[Greenbuilding] Airtight Windows

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Mon Oct 29 20:08:21 CDT 2012

Hello Sacie and all,

Might I ask the question of you Sacie, what are the windows covered with? Blinds, curtains, nothing, etc. This of course makes a difference, and one can discuss the physics till the cows come home (and I love the physics and teach it as well, so nothing but positive thoughts when it comes to building physics from this geek), but ultimately, we need to figure out the most cost effective solution to your problem.  I do very much like Corwyn's solution by the way, a pretty solution to making the plastic look nice. Well thought out. But heavy blinds will amplify the physics of the situation, so hence my question.

Respectfully

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
705.652.5159