[Greenbuilding] Desiccant Potential

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Wed Sep 26 19:21:21 CDT 2012

Hello Nick and all,

This seems like an interesting little unit, despite the poor website. I don't know much about it. What do you know about it, or is it all smoke and mirrors?

In the my case we had to use two large desiccant wheel propane powered units to dry out all of the wet building materials. It was pretty interesting stuff actually, with the air getting quite dry inside the building and all of the wood studs and sub floor (all that was left) went from as high as 35% moisture content down to about 8% throughout. Spending a lot of time in that building also will ensure purchases of Visine eye drops,  as it's kind of hard on the body.

Cheers

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
705.652.5159