[Greenbuilding] skepticism about mass wall values

Peter Kidd peterkidd at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 24 18:21:59 CDT 2013

I think actually thermal diffusivity is the more relevant parameter.
We are expecting to hit 5C (41F) for the first time since Halloween
tomorrow, I am not sure thermal mass is so wonderful buried in the wall
in this climate.
There are several ways that HD Day is calculated. For Code in Canada
it's based on the mean daily temperature so I suppose that might be seen
as "hourly computed", but is it /always/ lower?