[Greenbuilding] Solar and wind calculators

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Tue Apr 30 19:47:48 CDT 2013

Do any of you out there use online solar or wind calculators? I refer
to them in some of my classes and presentations as tools for figuring
out size of panels needed or potential power generation and projected
ROI, etc., and am finding that many of the sites I'd used in the
relatively recent past are no longer available.

The Sharp solar calculator is still there, but Roof Ray is not be
found, the PV Watts calculator seems to have gotten a lot more
complex and I can't find the Swift wind calculator. In fact, I can't
find Swift. Are they gone???

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT | FIRE & WATER LIGHTING
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
212 475 3106   twitter: @EcoOptimism

author - <http://ecooptimism.com/?page_id=58>Sustainable Design: A
Critical Guide
blog - <http://www.ecooptimism.com/>EcoOptimism
adjunct faculty - Parsons The New School for Design