[Greenbuilding] Lstiburek... wow.

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 23:46:30 CDT 2013

I just stumbled upon a copy of Lstiburek's *Builder's Guide to Mixed
Climates*. I was already a fan of the here recommended *Water Management
Guide*, but this is pure gold.

I have lots of questions, but the most pressing one is how in practice you
folks have gone about painting the *ends* of wooden siding boards as you
cut them in the field? I'm having trouble imagining how that would work in
practice. I have built large racks on which to dry painted boards, but the
logistics of cutting, painting the ends, setting them aside to dry, and
then returning to install those now dry pieces seem daunting. Does anyone
actually do this? Are there tricks?

Thanks very much.