[Greenbuilding] Door frames and gaskets

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 17 07:46:43 CDT 2013

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 07:19:15 -0400, <bill.allen at verizon.net> wrote:

> 1) A traditional door frame would be the worst thermal bridge offender
> in the whole project. Is there a construction technique that would
> eliminate this?
>
> 2) Local box stores offer many types of gaskets/sealers for all 4 sides
> of a door.  What are folks using to get the best seal?

Man Who Also Has Two First Names;

If the door shuts onto the opening (like a refrigerator door) instead of
being fitted into the opening, then the issues of which you speak are
eliminated.

Can`t say that I know what the box stores offer but I do know that many
moons ago ago when I needed gaskets for doors & windows that I made, I
went to a local supplier of energy-efficient windows and doors that had a
shop nearby and the fellow cut off what I needed from a roll of the same
stuff they use for their best doors.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")