[Greenbuilding] Recharging disposable Alkaline batteries

Jeff Martin jeff at open2learn.ca
Tue Jan 8 20:09:19 CST 2013

Rob and Ben,

Thanks for detailing your experiences recharging regular alkalines. I've
often wondered how different the 'rechargeable' alkalines (which I've
used on and off, for years) are from the regular ones. I'm thinking that
it's probably mostly just a difference in the way they are marketed and,
maybe, a slightly more careful battery construction, to reduce the
likelihood of leaking after numerous recharges.

BTW, Rob, you can get the Six Strings CD directly from Borealis Records
(http://borealisrecords.com/products-page/six-strings-north-of-the-border/six-strings-north-of-the-border-vol-1/).
The Borealis label hosts a lot of great Canadian folk/roots artists. If
you want to just download the MP3s from the album, you can do that at
Puretracks
(http://www.puretracks.com/catalog/details.aspx?pid=indy_773958112827_MP3),
if you're not an iTunes fan.

Enjoy!