[Greenbuilding] Pergolas east/west or north/south

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 28 17:59:45 CST 2013

I use pretty fancy modelling software but it basically comes down to a 24” overhang allowing early and late sun to penetrate about 8’ in (at floor level). The rest depends on how much sun you want at what time of year and this also determines angles on the slatting.

Nice to hear your retiring – do they have mountains in central texas?