[Greenbuilding] Helmut Ziehe - Founder of International Institute of Building Biology and Ecology

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Thu Jan 31 11:06:36 CST 2013

_Stephen Collette has written:_

/I would respectfully disagree with you about the content being dated in
the Building Biology course work and counter that /*/the rest of the
building industry has yet to actually catch up. / *(Bold lettering
emphasis all mine)*

*I was beginning to compose a letter of reply to Douglas Lamb. Stephen
Collete has said it quite well for all of us.

LEED, Net Zero Energy, and The Living Building Challenge are all useful
goals, and have created fantastic buildings. And I've had a good
following of the AJ Lewis Centre. All these works of wonder are positive
steps in the right direction.

I will respectfully posit that the work of Helmut Ziehe *trumps* all
other observations of living buildings, and is really just the first
step in creating healthy environments. Building Biology is relentless in
it's pursuit of health to the builders, occupants, the community, and
the planet. They take no prisoners.
(I guess that's another way of saying that "IBE is a purist philosophy
devoted to life ... " )

The Building Biology design plan and the building's construction either
works fully and completely, now and the future, or it simply needn't be
built.

There is no greater respect than that which has been deserved by the Bau
Biologists.*
*

--
Frank Tettemer