[Greenbuilding] One more question on AC

Alan Abrams alan at abramsdesignbuild.com
Tue Jul 9 17:12:19 CDT 2013

John--valid point--but hopefully the multistage compressor and variable
speed fan will know when to throttle down.  It seems to work that way with
the Carrier products--we've put a number of their two ton (smallest size)
units in where lower loads were calculated.  In fact, earlier this week I
was in a house we just completed--it was a beastly DC summer day--and the
temp on the T-Stat never waivered a single degree--all the while the fan
was switching back and forth from high to low...

-a