[Greenbuilding] Earthship in New York

John Straube jfstraube at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 26 18:54:46 CDT 2013

I had not chimed in but agree with Ross.
Rather than Passive House as a descriptor perhaps super insulated airtight good windows would be a more useful and accurate list.
If you do earth sheltered the required insulation levels would be much less.
The big challenge in that climate is humidity control.  Mini split might work but you would want as small as possible to ensure it does run a lot but not over cool.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Bell network.