[Greenbuilding] Fresnel lenses box solar cooker

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 3 10:41:55 CDT 2013

> I haven't looked at the link to the cooker so I can't comment
> on the efficacy of that particular design but...

It's kind of important to look at the design!  :)

I know fresnel lenses are cool, that's why I was looking in to them. But this particular design doesn't make sense to me. Here's the link to the site rather than ebay:

http://www.symmetryco.com/home/SolarCooker/SM-604/SM-604P.htm

How does focusing the light to multiple locations in the box help? It doesn't take in any more light, so why not just have a plain transparent enclosure?

And, as it's been pointed out, why have all sides including the bottom made from the lenses?

~sanjay