[Greenbuilding] Measuring DesiccantHumidity

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 6 22:20:18 CDT 2013

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 19:46:54 -0400, conservation architect
<elitalking at rockbridge.net> wrote:

> Can you recommend a device or method to to measure relative humidity in
> the dessicant.

I think that the most accurate method would be to weigh a sample of known
volume, first determining its oven-dry weight and then comparing that to
the weight of the wet desiccant to determine the moisture content of the
wet sample.

A couple or few years ago I was surprised to find a little portable
digital scale "on sale" for under $20 in a The Source store (the remnants
of the Canadian Radio Shack stores) while I was waiting to have some ink
cartridges refilled.

The digital scale indicated a precision of 0.01 grams which should be
sufficient for the task at hand.

If this exercise is deemed too much trouble, then perhaps you can use a
wood moisture meter but it would need to be calibrated.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")