[Greenbuilding] [SoCoPermacultureGuild] Hand Crank Washing Machines

Sean Jennings swjennings at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 07:41:24 CDT 2013

Here at Green Valley Village we have a washboard, plunger (specially
designed for washing clothes) and a hand wringer.  We only use the
washboard to get major stains out, but other than that we use a tub
and the plunger.  It is amazing how much dirt comes out of the clothes
with the plunger, you can see the water and soap getting drawn through
the fibers.  Very low tech, parts don't break, and fairly quick, fill
up a 5 gal bucket half way with clothes and water and your done in 5
minutes of agitation.

Good Luck!
Sean