[Greenbuilding] PHPP Flow Rates

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 5 12:13:27 CST 2013

Maximum flow rate is generally the maximum of your supply and exhaust
requirements (based on occupancy, assumed volumes, leakage, etc.) As I
understand it PHPP however calculates this just as volume (interior building
volume) multiplied by .3 ACH (air changes/hour) multiplied by 1.3 (real
world factor?). So oversizing by 1.5 keeps it in the real world and ensures
adequate ventilation.