[Greenbuilding] (Eyeballing) Circa 1766 (terra cotta) roof shingles

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 13 11:27:49 CDT 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 08:02:40 -0400, Alan Abrams
<alan at abramsdesignbuild.com> wrote:

> along the upper reaches of 16th Street (which leads to the White House, 5
> or so miles to the south) there are a number of houses built in the early
> 20th century capped with terra cotta or other clay tiles

> I'd eyeball the typical roof
> pitch of these homes at 9:12.

Not that I don't trust AA-man's eyeball (but I do know that he's a
WhiteMan with a taste for the Scots firewater that tends to make one's
vision play tricks on visual acuity) ... but I understand there's this
thing called "Google Streetview" or somesuch that enables WWWebsters to
take a virtual walk down most city streets.

It'd seem to make sense then that in a situation such as this, a person
might simply post the street addresses or satellite co-ordinates of the
buildings in question and ... well, y'know.
--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")