[Greenbuilding] chickens

Suzanne Carney suzanne.carney1010 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 10:12:00 CDT 2013

Our hen house is not insulated, but it does have roof vents. Also, windows with
screens on three sides, and "hatches" that can be closed when the weather
is cold. I think they need ventilation in the summer. I have read that
certain breeds, such as the Araucana, don't do well in heat. We have lost a
few of them when the temperature got over 100 degrees.
We are in SW Ohio so we can get temperatures from 0 degrees to 100+
degrees.
Suzanne