[Greenbuilding] Solar and wind calculators

LarenCorie LarenCorie at axilar.net
Wed May 1 13:24:50 CDT 2013

From: David Bergman <bergman at cyberg.com>

> Do any of you out there use online solar or wind calculators?

> the PV Watts calculator seems to have gotten a lot more
> complex

Hi David;

 I use PVWatts occasionally for orientations that are not
simple South facing walls, or for locations outside the US,
where basic insolation data is not on standard NREL lists.
Seems real simple (and fast) to me. I do think in BTUs,
so I convert, but that gets routine, too.

 -Laren Corie-
 Natural Solar Building Design and
 Solar Heating/Natural Cooling/Energy
 Efficiency Consultation Since 1975
 www.ThermalAttic.com  (many new
 photos and pages, coming soon)

Read my Solar house design articles in:
-Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter-
www.essnmag.com

Home base-LittleHouses YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses/

Founder-WoodGas - Power from wood
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas

Founder-RefrigeratorAlternatives YahooGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives