[Greenbuilding] Passive solar home--concrete overlay re thermal mass

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Mon May 13 11:58:24 CDT 2013

The bonding of a tile or dissimilar material to a concrete slab usually
requires a separation or slip sheet of some sort as well as a trowel pattern
that will create air pockets. This is different that simply a concrete
resurfacing material. Resurfacing is typically a very finely graded cement
product with modifiers to allow for bonding and movement. The density of
these materials would be typically high possibly exceeding the concrete
slab. I can't see an issue that would involve removing a slab unless it is
totally f_____ for other reasons.