[Greenbuilding] BlackBerry Q10 (was Nyle heat pump water heater update)

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu May 23 19:27:25 CDT 2013

I bang-out a lot of e-mails through the course of the day, and the Q10's
physical keyboard makes it easy to compose longer messages -- that's not
something I'd want to do if I had to peck away on glass (iPhone?  mein
danka !).

I'm trying to move as much of my communication and computing tasks to my
mobile device, which uses one-twentieth as much energy as my laptop and
less than half that again of the ThinkPad and its external monitor with
the screen brightness turned all the way down to "0", i.e., one watt
versus twenty-one and forty-seven watts respectively.  I don't have any
problems, for example, watching the CBC News on my Q10, even with its
comparatively small screen; alternatively, for the few times when a
larger display is desired, I can switch to my PlayBook tablet which
draws approximately three watts.

Cheers,
Paul

---

Paul you sent that long email from a phone?? Wow

Gennaro Brooks-Church
EcoBrooklyn.com
347-244-3016
22 2nd St., Brooklyn.