[Greenbuilding] Nyle heat pump water heater update

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Thu May 23 19:41:03 CDT 2013

I think the water use is the missing vital component but 1.89 kWh/day has to
look pretty good for two people, particularly when viewed from here. We run
175 litres/day through the shower, which is certainly not very frugal, and
use a small electric storage heater, only 80 litres. Current water heating
is 7 kWh/day of which 30% comes from a grey water heat exchanger.

All the variables make comparisons difficult.  The only standard I can see
is kWh/100 litres, but I seem to be the only person who uses it........

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW