[Greenbuilding] Nyle heat pump water heater update

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu May 23 19:48:07 CDT 2013

Nick,
thanks for those figures.

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Nick Pyner <npyner at tig.com.au> wrote:

> We run
> 175 litres/day through the shower, which is certainly not very frugal, and
> use a small electric storage heater, only 80 litres. Current water heating
> is 7 kWh/day of which 30% comes from a grey water heat exchanger.

Are you saying it would have been 10 kWh/day but for the GWHE?

> All the variables make comparisons difficult.  The only standard I can see
> is kWh/100 litres, but I seem to be the only person who uses it........

I don't agree. We can all reference a standard test procedure, but I'm more
interested in what people actually do. How much or how little electricity
and or hot water folks use in a day. At the end of the day it is the total
that matters, not the ratio (or at least that is how it looks to  me).