[Greenbuilding] Nyle heat pump water heater update

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Thu May 23 20:25:18 CDT 2013

No.

Current heating is 7 kWh/day

Resistance heater 4.9
heat exchanger     2.1

I submit you will never know how well anything works unless you compare it
to the usage. An electric resistance heater has such a low installed cost it
can be made to beat a solar system any time. All one has to do is shower
once a week.  An electric resistance heater is an anethema to me but, right
now, I am in the process of installing a new one. One of the reasons for
this is that I could well be dead before a solar system is amortised.

Having said that, I recognise that the standard I use is really only good
for local comparison. It is also very hard to apply.

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW