[Greenbuilding] simple energy-less home

Topher topher at greenfret.com
Sat May 25 09:38:08 CDT 2013

On 5/23/2013 4:46 PM, Reuben Deumling wrote:
> Utilities I've discussed this with whine and say under this rate
> structure they can't cover their fixed costs (or don't know in advance
> whether they will), which is bullshit.

Utilities like to whine from what I can see.  Every time I suggest some
restructuring of the rates, I always preface it with "Let's assume that
revenues to the utility stay exactly the same," and go on from there.
The first complaint I will hear when I am done is that utility will go
out of business since their revenue would decrease!  They just aren't
listening.  Anything that changes their current business model is
anathema.  But they know that their business model is doomed anyway.
(see:
http://www.eei.org/ourissues/finance/Documents/disruptivechallenges.pdf )

Thank You Kindly,

Topher