[Greenbuilding] Minisplit

Jeff Martin jeff at open2learn.ca
Fri Nov 1 14:47:58 CDT 2013

Gennaro,

I don't think there have been any big changes in the mini-split scene in
the past year. There's a recent blog post by Alex Wilson, on the Green
Building Advisor website
(http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/energy-solutions/heating-minisplit-heat-pump)
<http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/energy-solutions/heating-minisplit-heat-pump>,
that discusses his decision to use a minisplit for his new home. He
chose a  Mitsubishi model that is somewhat smaller than what you are
looking for, but I think that their larger units (the MXZ-3B30NA, for
example) also still have a good reputation.

Hope that helps... Jeff