[Greenbuilding] Fugitsu (was Re: Minisplits)

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 5 19:17:49 CST 2013

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:14:45 -0500, Suzanne Carney
<suzanne.carney1010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I speak no Japanese, so I don't understand the meaning of the word that
> is being misspelled, but I am curious to know if there is any
> significance to the name used in this explanation.
>>
>> "Fujitsu" (with a "J") is the Japanese conglomerate whose HVAC products
>> arm, Fujitsu General produces the mini splits mentioned.
>>
>> "Fugitsu " is what one might say to a woman named Suzanne, not
>> necessarily of Japanese descent, when fed up with the direction a
>> situation is headed.

Lame attempt at humour failed. Sorry eh ?

An attempt to clarify:

When speaking to a man named "John" in the same situation, one might say:
"Fugitjon"
Or if the person happened to be named "Shorty" : "Fugitshorty".

Hope that helps.

(A little) More seriously:

Something that Occidentals may not be aware:

Chinese and Japanese often use the same written characters which will have
the same meaning in both languages but when spoken by either in their
respective languages, will not have a clue as to what the other is trying
to say.

I don't speak Japanese (other than what Satomi Lander in New Mexico has
tried to teach me   http://landerland.com/ ) but the two written
characters for "Fujitsu" are bù  = "not", "no"  +  shi = "real", "true",
"honest" etc. in Chinese and when written together can mean "treachery",
"faithlessness", "falsity" in Japanese.

I'm guessing that's not the meaning that the megacorp Fujitsu uses.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")