[Greenbuilding] doing something about condensation on inside of single pane windows

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 08:53:03 CST 2013

I'm aware that this is not anything particularly out of the ordinary or
surprising, but I would be curious if anyone could recommend anything
straightforward to do about this.
Here's the situation:
Basement with 2.5" of styrofoam insulation in floor, 10.5" of cellulose in
walls, 8" of fiberglass batts in ceiling. Quite a bit of attention spent on
air sealing, door gaskets, etc. So far so good. But this week, as the
outside temperature dropped to 30F, a lot of condensation suddenly appeared
on the inside surfaces of my single glazed wood windows. The interior temps
in the presently unheated space remain in the fifties. Relative humidity
inside has stayed pretty constant around 75%.

(1) saran wrap trick on the inside of the windows
(2) desiccant stations (Dri-Z-Air)
(3) other?

Thanks for any suggestions.