[Greenbuilding] linear fluorescent single tube 8ft fixture?

Michael O'Brien obrien at hevanet.com
Tue Oct 15 19:33:44 CDT 2013

Hi, Doug--

Good point about the mercury, it's bad stuff.

If the electricity to power an incandescent bulb is generated by coal, as is the case most places in the country, that generation will emit much more mercury into the atmosphere from coal combustion than the amount of mercury in a comparably bright CFL bulb. And the CFL can be recycled to recover the mercury, while the scrubbers on older coal plants miss most of the mercury.

Best,

Mike

Mike O'Brien Photography
mikeoregon.zenfolio.com