[Greenbuilding] Magnesium-based boards

John Salmen terrain at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 16 11:23:21 CDT 2013

Is or could be a great product - if we could be certain of what it consists
of.  No manganese in north America (primarily asia) so will be a Chinese
product.

House here recently had of all its brand new drywall and granite counters
(all from china) torn out due to very high radiation levels. I am not sure
how trade products could be cleaned up (few regulations in china) or import
products effectively monitored. It is worrisome. Not sure if it is fair to
single out china but it is the major exporter of cheap products to support
our need for cheap building products.