[Greenbuilding] Energypath 2014

nick_pine at verizon.net nick_pine at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 13:49:12 CDT 2014

Alexander Burdine <ABurdine at thesef.org> wrote:

>The goal of Energypath is to increase the knowledge of and passion for
>sustainable energy in the leaders of today and tomorrow...

Which they do. I attended 2 years ago, with 3 days of free food and lodging
and useful workshops on PV and wind and hydro and other forms of renewable
energy.

"Erin Rasmussen" <erin at trmiles.com>wrote:

>I've asked this conference to remove the Greenbuilding list from their
>email list.

Unfortunate, IMO.

>... we've got some great experts that are active participants in our
>community.

And an insular attitude?

>I think it's a good idea to keep our email list off of other distribution
>lists. Additionally we've got a great international group of particpants,
>activities that are specific to a particular region may annoy members from
>other parts of the world.

The annoyance seems small, compared to the benefits.

> Let me know if you'd like to change any of the above policies...

OK. The PA Sustainable Energy Fund
http://www.puc.pa.gov/utility_industry/electricity/sustainable_energy_fund.aspx
is a non-profit group funded by the PP&L electrical utility. In this
program, they invested about 1000 times less than they gained as a result of
PUC-approved electrical rate increases. Whenever PP&L Or PECO ask for a rate
increase, the PUC asks them to encourage energy conservation and renewable
energy, which is like asking someone to drive with one foot on the gas and
one on the brakes. Of course this is bad, but it does promote these
activities, along the lines of our list. IMO, dissemination of these
activities is a good idea.

Nick