[Greenbuilding] embodied energy was Polyiso strength on roof (ErgoDesk)

Ross Elliott relliott at homesol.ca
Wed Dec 10 18:16:33 CST 2014

If embodied energy goes by weight, perhaps a hundred pounds of EPS goes a
long way? Its GWP is lower than other foams since it uses air as the blowing
agent.

On the subject of polyiso foamboard, it tends to perform worse the colder it
gets.
http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/cold-climates-r-5-foa
m-beats-r-6

Where's the right balance between energy embodied in a product vs. how much
energy it saves over its lifespan? My own house has lots of foam in it, they
tell me it's made from soybeans and pop bottles so it must be good.

Ross Elliott
Homesol Building Solutions