[Greenbuilding] embodied energy was Polyiso strength on roof (ErgoDesk)

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Thu Dec 11 05:43:54 CST 2014

Chris Magwood, from the Endeavour Centre, *endeavour*centre.org/,
has written a comprehensive article that was just published in Home
Power magazine which creates a viable summary of assessment of building
materials. It is definitely worthy of our discussion group.

He also has a fine book, Making Better Buildings, that eshautively lists
and annalyzes embodied energy,"from harvesting raw ingredients to
manufacture, transport, and use, to waste and disposal issues."  If you
can't buy the book, then the five page magazine article sums it up quite
well:

http://www.homepower.com/articles/home-efficiency/equipment-products/assessing-green-building-materials

Frank Tettemer
Living Sol ~ Building and Design