[Greenbuilding] embodied energy was Polyiso strength on roof (ErgoDesk)

Norbert Senf norbert.senf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 06:55:56 CST 2014

"Polystyrene is a petroleum-based plastic made from the styrene monomer"
In other words, small molecules of styrene base stock are strung together
to form large chain molecules of polystyrene. The 0.1% of styrene in the
finished product is likely unpolymerized leftovers. Otherwise, what is the
rest of the 67 lbs per bundle composed of ?  ...................N

Norbert Senf
Masonry Stove Builders
25 Brouse Road, RR 5
Shawville Québec J0X 2Y0