[Greenbuilding] state of the art stove/bathroom exhaust fans?

Topher topher at greenfret.com
Sat Dec 27 14:16:36 CST 2014

On 12/24/2014 5:19 PM, Reuben Deumling wrote:
> I look forward to this discussion.
> I'll just answer the very first question, in my case the fan(s)--and I'd
> love to combine both stove and shower intakes--are for removing moisture
> from the interior. We have 98% RH outdoors for months at a time here in the
> PNW, and inside we're in the low seventies which strikes me as far too
> humid.

Greetings,

More to the point, what are the corresponding dew points?  No amount of
ventilation is going to move moisture from a 70%RH area to a 98%RH area
if the temperatures are near the same, obviously.

It is possible that you will need to condense the moisture and remove it
as bulk water in some fashion.

Thank You Kindly,

Topher Belknap

--