[Greenbuilding] Polonium Puffing & Venting RE: state of the art stove/bathroom exhaust fans?

Carmine Vasile gfx-ch at msn.com
Mon Dec 29 16:14:40 CST 2014

Dear Alan regarding your excellent questions below, I
would have included these two:

   (1)
Did you test your incoming water and air for Radon?

   (2) Do
you live in a State like NY, MA, NC, that allow its residents to be
poisoned by Polonium-218, -214 & -210 because corrupt EPA officials
excluded Radon-222 (not its Alpha-emitting progeny) from the 15 pCi/L Gross
Alpha MCL the Radionuclides Rule of 1976, as discussed in my Radon Petition
linked to http://www.gfxtechnology.com/Radon.html?

NOTE: Earlier this year, a special offer was made by
ETR Laboratories (800-344-9977) and the Water Systems
Council (888-395-1033) giving a 25% discount
towards the cost of a health scan water well testing kit, which included a test
for Radon-222; the longest-lived, most deadly water soluble Radon isotope in
the U-238 decay series. Recently, ETR charged $25 x 2 to test for Radon at
water meter and bathroom faucet. These and three others are @ http://www.gfxtechnology.com/ETR-6.pdf.
Pages 1 & 2 correspond to a house in Naples, Fl equipped with a $7,500
WaterSoft filtration system. Naples is located south of Florida’s Bone Valley Uranium mines. Page 3 corresponds to
a home equipped with a whole-house Mermaid filtration system and pg. 3 for a
house in Wading River, LI equipped with a $3,500 WateRx model WH5. Obviously,
none of these systems eliminate Rn-222. Some implications of these test
results, as well as Field tests in 18 in homes in North Carolina are presented
@ http://www.gfxtechnology.com/BVW.html, which contains graphs showing how quickly the GA-MCL is exceeded by Po-218 & 214 in Tom Brinkman's filtered tap water.
    Depending
on how much Radon is found, water aeration and/or depressurization may be essential to
clear bathrooms and homes of "Polonium-Smog" like that measured measured by Vinson, et al. [1]     Vegan's should be especially concerned, because "High-phosphate fertilizers may worsen the problem, since uranium tends to associate with phosphates. In 1975, Philip Morris scientists wondered whether the secret to tobacco growers’ longevity in the Caucasus might be that farmers there avoided phosphate fertilizers." [2]    After reading this, I hope you and more than a few GB-Forum members will sign my Radon Petition then spend $25 bucks to protect their loved ones.
Happy New Year,Dr. Carmine F. Vasiie
[1]  “Radon
transfer from groundwater used in showers to indoor air”, by David S. Vinson, Ted R. Campbell, Avner Vengosh, J.
Appl. Geochemistry, June 7, 2008[2] "Puffing
on Polonium", by ROBERT N. PROCTOR, (NY Times, 12/1/06 @  www.nytimes.com/2006/12/01/opinion/01proctor.html?_r=0