[Greenbuilding] interesting house in Bulgaria

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:24:28 CST 2014

Hm. Interesting.

"Construction of the home used as many locally-sourced materials as
possible."

but -

"The home was built on a solid *concrete *foundation with *concrete *supporting
supporting frames and garage roof, but the rest of the structure is
lightweight *steel *and *timber*. Thanks to excellent insulation and sun
protection, the home needs no cooling in the summer and uses very little
heat in the winter. *Solar panels* on the roof and a * biomass heating
system*..."

I get suspicious when I read something like this:
"Eco-Friendly Home Produces More Energy Than it Uses"

They obviously mean *right now when the sun is shinging/not counting the
inputs.* Not over it's lifetime, much less including the energy to build it
in the first place.