[Greenbuilding] stealing heat from a woodstove for water heating

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 21:25:18 CST 2014

from the woodheat.org article linked on your website:

"The biggest obstacle to adding DHW systems to wood stoves is that EPA
emissions certification virtually eliminates the possibility of taking heat
directly from the stove. Any DHW collector that robs heat from the
combustion process *would almost certainly create a dirty burn that would
fail the stove.* That is why manufacturers of EPA certified wood stoves
don't offer DHW collectors as optional accessories. There may be one or two
available, but we are aware of none at all."