[Greenbuilding] saran wrap interior window insulation kits: experience

Bob klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Sat Jan 11 12:39:11 CST 2014

It has been a while since I tried one of those kits, so I suppose that
they /may/ have improved the tape, but it only took two tries to
convince me to use the membrane but anchored through uinglued foam
strips with short staples.  I thought that the small, patchable pinholes
were preferable to the damage to the trim paint that the tape always did.

The compromise between an adhesive which will hold the plastic reliably
and still release from the trim in Spring seemed more than the makers
could manage.

I had the best luck with light, removable frames for the film, some of
which really was close to glass-clear.
Bob Klahn