[Greenbuilding] re glass panels as porch roof

bill.allen at verizon.net bill.allen at verizon.net
Tue Jan 14 20:23:52 CST 2014

I was once moving a 34x74 storm door piece of glass I had removed from it's frame to use as my first air heater glazing. I was holding it in gloved hands on the left and right (long dimension vertical, or "up") and took a quick side step to miss stepping on an object on the floor.  The glass bowed between my hands and...like a magic trick, disappeared into a million little pieces at my feet. I seem to remember it was thinner, must have been 1/8 inch or something...but...I was shocked when I realized I wasn't hurt in any way....despite having glass all over me.
Bill