[Greenbuilding] calcium & lime removal (was re: Fixture Folly)

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 18 13:35:06 CST 2014

another person with two first names  bill.allen at .... wrote:

> Vinegar is also good on sunburn....

Reminds me of a curly,orange-haired girlfriend from long ago...

Her sensitive Irish skin could not tolerate soap so she used vinegar
instead when washing and bathing.
(And "no" I don't recall having a hankering for French fries every time I
saw her).

Her sensitive Irish skin could not tolerate long exposure times to the
summer sun either.

I remember once after a day at the lake, that formerly fair skin became an
incredible shade of red, all over from head to toe, and the glow was of an
intensity that caused complete strangers to wince and utter "OWWW-ch!!"
when gazing upon her.

It didn't occur to me that I might have drenched her with the contents of
a gallon jug of vinegar.
I have some difficulty imagining that it would have provided her with
relief.

Maybe next time I see her I'll suggest that she fry herself in the sun
again so that I can perform the "Bill Allen
Vinegar-as-severe-sunburn-relief" test, for the furtherment of
Greenbuilding sustainability knowledge.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom