[Greenbuilding] moisture and painting issues in Seattle

Joe Killian kaa-ajk at sonic.net
Sun Jul 6 13:06:08 CDT 2014

   Some years ago I helped our daughter move out of an apartment the
owner had painted with Behr paint just before they moved in.  It looked
great.  He had told them not to clean the walls.  We did some wiping
with a damp cloth anyway, wanting to leave it in good clean shape.  To
my amazement the wall color came off on our cloths, and the spots we
wiped were visibly losing their color.  We stopped any efforts to clean
the walls.
   Now that was interior paint, and that was 10 or 15 years ago, maybe
they've changed?, but for my money I'm not going anywhere near Behr
paints.  We've had very good luck with several of the major paint
brands.  Yes a bit more cost but we're interested in a long-lasting result.

Joe