[Greenbuilding] Air quality in straw bale houses

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Jun 26 12:03:30 CDT 2014

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:14:49 -0400, Stephen Collette
<stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca> wrote:

> I have done some air quality testing on my own accord in a couple of
> houses for differing reasons.

> Actual studies? Hmm. Not off the top of my head, but more importantly is
> what she is concerned about.

[Looking up]
Nothing on the top of my head either.

I find that the majority of homeowners usually don't even think about IAQ
unless there is something wrong with it and it's gotten to the point that
there have been noticeable deleterious effects to occupant health.

I would go so far as to venture that poor IAQ in residential buildings is
probably the norm rather than exceptional simply because proper
ventilation design /performance verification is the exception rather than
the norm.

As such, I would venture that if there are any recent IAQ tests done on SB
houses, the results would not likely be flattering and not likely the sort
of test results that Ms. Jones was hoping to hear about.

ie It's unlikely that homeowners (SB or toherwise) would be doing IAQ
tests on houses that are not experiencing issues.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom

A r c h i L o g i c at Y a h o o dot C A
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")